TANG Care Pack – Extended Assistance
For over 2 months, we have been running the TANG Care Pack. This is an initiative to support students and international visa holders who are living in Victoria during the pandemic.
During this time, we have been able to give out 200+ Care Packs, thanks to the community around us that donated funds which enabled us to put together these Care Packs with essential goods such as rice, milk, instant noodles and many others!
Week on week, we saw a growth in individuals registering to receive this package. It broke our hearts to see so many individuals struggle during this time especially as the government did not offer support initially.
With restrictions slowly easing and as we have used all the funds we have gathered to create the Care Packs, we are now closing this program.
For any students and international visa holders who still require assistance during this time, we have compiled a list of relief that you may benefit from which are listed below.
We hope that even for a short while, we were able to assist during this difficult time we are facing and remember, we are all in this together 🧡
Extended Relief for Students & International Visa Holders
- International Student Emergency Relief Fund: https://www.studymelbourne.vic.gov.au/news-updates/international-student-emergency-relief-fund
- Community Support & Food Relief: https://www.studymelbourne.vic.gov.au/news-updates/updates/support-and-food-relief-organisations
- Rent Relief Grants: https://rentrelief.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/
- Working for Victoria Program: https://www.vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria
- Government assistance for temporary and provisional visa holders: https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/news-events/news/2020/government-assistance-for-temporary-and-provisional-visa-holders-coronavirus-covid-19
- Red Cross Emergency Relief Support For Temporary Visa Holders: https://www.redcross.org.au/get-help/help-for-migrants-in-transition/help-for-migrants-in-transition
- Home Affairs: Staying In Australia: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/staying-australia